The Tennessee Real Estate Commission requires 90-hours of licensing education to apply for a Tennessee real estate license (Affiliate Broker). The 90-hours consist of two mandatory courses, Pre-License (60-hours) and Course for New Affiliates (30-hours.)
Affiliate Broker PRE-LICENSING
All applicants for the Affiliate Broker license must:
- Be at least 18-years old
- Have a high school diploma, GED, or college diploma
- Proof of completion of the 60-hour Pre-Licensing course
- Proof of completion of the 30-hour Course for New Affiliates course
- Proof of Errors and Omissions Insurance coverage
- Completed Real Estate Commission fingerprint requirement
The 60-hour Pre-Licensing Course covers the fundamentals, principles, and practice of real estate. Upon completion of the course and passing a final exam, the school administrator submits student information electronically to the national testing center.
The pre-License course tuition includes textbook, workbook, self-study exam, and practice exam.
Click the “schedule and cost” tab for a list of upcoming courses.
30-HOUR COURSE FOR NEW AFFILIATES
The 30-hour Course for New Affiliates Course covers forms, processes, marketing and procedures included in the listing and selling process. Agency law, property disclosures law, ethics, client representation, and professional standards are also discussed with examples.
Course for New Affiliates tuition includes workbook, group discussions, and multimedia presentations.
This course may be taken prior to or after completing the national test. This course must be completed before you can submit your licensing packet to the Real Estate Commission.
30-HOUR BROKER MANAGEMENT
The 30-hour Broker Management Course must be completed prior to submitting your request to take the Broker licensing exam.
Requirements to upgrade an affiliate license to a broker’s license.
The Tennessee Real Estate Commission requires all applicants for a broker’s license to:
- Licensed as an affiliate broker for at least three years
- Completed 120-hours of continuing education including the 30-hour Broker Management course
- Submit a request for a “certificate of eligibility” to the Real Estate Commission to test
All courses provided by TRECS Real Estate School are approved/accredited by the Tennessee Real Estate Commission.